Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane
This Variant Includes
This item is in these bundles
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane benefits
- Multifunctional - use as a radon or damp proof membrane too.
- Can be jointed via welding or taping.
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane use cases
- Low Permeability Gas Membrane for contaminated construction sites..
- Radon mitigation and control
- Waterproofing: Whilst not the main use of the low permeability gas membrane, The membrane's low permeability properties also make it suitable for use as a damp-proof membrane. It helps prevent the ingress of moisture from the ground, protecting the building's structure from dampness, mold, and water damage.
- Basement and foundation protection
- Landfill Capping
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane approvals
- BBA certified (BBA 13/5069). Visqueen has received certification from the British Board of Agrément (BBA 13/5069), indicating its compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Conforms to the NHBC Amber 1 specification.
- Conforms to BR 211:2015.
- CE Mark EN 13967:2017.
- ISO 9001:2015 certification. The low permeability gas membrane has obtained ISO 9001:2015 certification, which signifies that its manufacturing process adheres to international quality management standards. Ensuring quality with every order.
- ISO 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety System certification). The Visqueen low permeability gas membrane holds ISO 18001:2007 certification, demonstrating compliance with Occupational Health and Safety System standards, ensuring a safe working environment during production and handling.
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System certification).
Download Product Info (PDF)
Estimated delivery 1-2 working days to UK mainland
Delivery and Return
Charges start from £6.90 inc vat on small, lightweight orders and £22.50 inc vat on heavier or difficult to transport items.
All small item orders with a value of £100.00 inc vat will be carriage paid.
All large item orders with a value of £200.00 inc vat will be carriage paid.
*small or large classification of items are determined by weight and dimension of product*
Please note that your order may need to be split into separate packages if over 30KG.
All of the above is based on UK Mainland deliveries, further charges may be incurred if the delivery address is outside of this.
We are also currently unable to deliver outside of the UK on our regular carrier so if you require delivery outside the UK please call or email the details to the office as we reserve the right to refuse service or refund orders based on this.
Guarantee next day delivery.
Some of our products have a note that states – if ordered before 1pm and being delivered to UK mainland on a next day basis.
Please note that given the current circumstances alot of carrier companies are struggling to keep up with demand and although we do book these deliveries as next day services, the carriers cannot always fulfil these and an extra day may be required.
A high percentage of our advertised goods are stock items but be aware that if you are taking very large quantities of stock that we may not be able to fill your order fully on first delivery. Please call the office to check to not be disappointed.
We are also an active trade counter and part of a larger network of companies so stock can be taken at any time but we will always aim to deliver your goods as soon as possible.
Also if ordered along side goods that we cannot guarantee next day delivery on, these will be delivered based on the schedule of the other item.
Signature required on delivery.
The carrier we currently use requires a signature for all deliveries as a proof of delivery. If you cannot guarantee someone will be home to receive this please leave delivery instructions for a safe place or neighbour to leave your goods with. Due to covid and new contactless deliveries, our carriers will not require a signature but will take down the recipients name as POD.
If no one is available to take the delivery, the courier will leave details at the address to rearrange delivery or may leave with a neighbour. Note we may need to make an additional handling charge for the return and re-delivery if a package is unable to be delivered multiple times due to no one being home to receive this. Due to covid our carriers are restricting the number of re-delivery attempts.
After three attempted deliveries our carrier will return the goods to ourselves and in this worst case situation, we may cancel the order and refund your money, excluding any additional charge for the return and re-deliveries.
Materials delivered from our own stock.
Normally 1 – 2 days (this can sometimes be longer if we are waiting for manufacturers’ stock to arrive into ours).
If the order is placed before 1:00pm and all of the items are in stock, then we will endeavour to dispatch your order same day for delivery the following day.
This still applies for deliveries out of our local area but please note that we use independent carriers so be aware that there may be external factors which we cannot control (e.g Far out postcodes or local traffic situations)
Materials delivered direct from the manufacturer.
There may be some occasions when it is more efficient or cost effective to have the materials shipped direct from our suppliers to the customer.
We will place the order immediately upon receipt of your order but this can sometimes take a few working days depending on the manufacturers production schedule or carrier used.
We will always endeavour to get the goods to the customer at the earliest possible date but if these are urgently required, please speak to us to check.
Please note that many manufacturers will offer a next day delivery service at an increased delivery cost and also a cut of time for this order to be placed (usually around 11am / 12pm)
Please call us on 08454 530 017 between 8am and 5pm Monday – Friday or email us on [email protected] for any delivery queries, or urgent requirements.
Please read our full terms and conditions with regard to full details on deliveries.
To install Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane:
- Loosely lay the membrane on the substrate. It should be overlapped by at least 150mm, bonded with Visqueen Pro Double Sided Jointing Tape and sealed with Visqueen Foil Lap Tape. In demanding site conditions seal lap joints with Visqueen Ultimate GR Lap Tape.
- Form airtight seals around all service entry points by using Visqueen Preformed Top Hat Unit. The base of the top hat and the upstand should be bonded using Visqueen Pro Double Sided Jointing Tape and sealed with Visqueen Foil Lap Tape. The upstand should be secured with the supplied jubilee clip.
- Cover the membrane with a protective layer as soon as possible after installation to prevent damage.
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane is suitable to prevent the ingress of harmful levels of ground gases for housing applications, as long as a low permeability membrane is required with no extraneous variables or requirements to the job.
Yes, Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane is suitable for both new construction and retrofitting existing buildings, as long as a low permeability membrane is required with no extraneous variables or requirements to the job.
Visqueen Low Permeability Gas Membrane holds the following certifications and approvals:
Third party accreditation (BBA 13/5069)
Conforms to the specification requirements of NHBC Amber 1 applications
Conforms to the specification requirements of BR 211:2015
CE Mark EN 13967:2017
Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015
Occupational Health and Safety System ISO 18001:2007
Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015